The 2.9-liter Volvo B6294S gasoline engine was produced by the company from 1998 to 2001 and was installed only on the S80 model before restyling, especially many of these cars from the USA. This power unit is essentially just an updated version of the well-known B6304S motor.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo S80 I (184) in 1998 – 2001.
|Power output, hp||204|
|Torque output, Nm||280|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Phase regulator||at the intake|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo S80 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~330 000|
Disadvantages of the B6294S engine
- The bulk of the problems are delivered by the whimsical electric choke from Magneti Marelli;
- In second place according to complaints are oil leaks from the phase control system;
- Lubrication consumption due to clogged crankcase ventilation is also very common here;
- It is necessary to monitor the condition of the timing belt, since when it breaks, the valves bend;
- Weaknesses also include engine mounts, thermostat, pump and fuel pump.