The 2.8-liter twin-turbo Volvo B6284T engine was produced by the concern from 1998 to 2001 and was installed only on the top modifications of the S80 model under its own T6 index. This motor was replaced by a similar power unit under the B6294T index.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo S80 I (184) in 1998 – 2001.
|Power output, hp||272|
|Torque output, Nm||380|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Phase regulator||at the exhaust|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo S80 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
Disadvantages of the B6284T engine
- Powerful twin-turbo engine is famous for its high fuel consumption and expensive parts;
- Also in this motor there is a whimsical electronic throttle from Magneti Marelli;
- Still here, leaks of the phase control system and air leakage in the intake often occur;
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, because its breakage turns into a head repair;
- The unit supports, water pump and gas pump are not very high resource.