The 2.0-liter Toyota 3Y-EU gasoline engine was produced by the concern from 1983 to 1996 and was installed on such popular minibuses as LiteAce, Master Ace or Town Ace. This unit can also be found under the hood of the Asian version of the Hilux 4Runner 61G SUV.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota 4Runner 1 (N60) in 1984 – 1989;
- Toyota LiteAce 4 (R20) in 1992 – 1996;
- Toyota Master Ace R20 in 1983 – 1991;
- Toyota Town Ace 2 (R20) in 1983 – 1996.
|Power output, hp||95 – 115|
|Torque output, Nm||160 – 180|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Lite Ace 1993)
|Engine lifespan, km||~330 000|
Disadvantages of the Toyota 3Y-EU engine
- The main problems of this power unit are somehow connected with its overheating.
- Warping of the cylinder head with gasket breakdown is common here.
- Sometimes this leads to the destruction of the jumper of the 4th cylinder with the antifreeze channel.
- Oil seals quickly tan from overheating and lubricant consumption appears.
- Also, oil leaks, failures in the ignition system and the fuel pump can be disturbing here.