Engines of the 1AZ series appeared on Toyota cars since 2000 – they gradually replaced the legendary motors of the S series and for ten years remained the main “medium-capacity” of the company. Installed on a large number of front-wheel drive models of classes “C”, “D”, “E”, vans, medium and full-size SUVs.
|Cylinder block alloy||aluminum|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Power output, hp||145/6000
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||190/4000
|Euro standards||Euro 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km
|Oil consumption, gr/1000 km||up to 1000|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20 / 5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.2|
|Oil change interval, km|| 10000
|Normal engine operating temperature, °C||—||Engine lifespan, km
— official information
- The block thread has broken off at the cylinder head attachment point. Symptoms that are similar for all AZ versions: the appearance of antifreeze on the back wall, an increase in temperature and a curvature of the geometry. The threads can be repaired, but if the block is damaged it will need to be replaced – preferably for a 2007 and later model.
- Vibrations when working without movement. Observed at low revs. The disadvantage is a characteristic disease of the motors of this series. It can be partially corrected by cleaning the idle valve, injectors, throttle valve, DMRF in EGR and adjusting the pillows.
- Motor twitching. The reason lies in the formation of carbon deposits in the intake manifold and the throttle block. They need to be cleaned. The lambda probe and VVTi may also be faulty.
- Carbon deposits in the EGR valve. It manifests itself as swimming revs and loss of power. The valve must either be cleaned or simply closed with a plug.
- Overheating. The motor may bend. As a result, it will need to be changed.
In addition, FSE modifications are very sensitive to fuel (injectors and high pressure fuel pumps often fly). If you take care of the Toyota 1AZ engine, then its service life can exceed 300 thousand km.