The 2.3-liter Suzuki J23A gasoline engine was produced by the concern from 2004 to 2007 and was installed on the American version of the Aerio sedan, that is, one of the varieties of Liana. This power unit is often used for a budget swap for other company models.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||155 – 158|
|Torque output, Nm||206|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||90|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Suzuki Aerio 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~270 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Suzuki Aerio 1 (ER) in 2004 – 2007.
Disadvantages of the Suzuki J23A engine
- The main problem here is oil consumption due to hardened valve stem seals.
- Also, the culprit of the oil burner can be wear and tear of the oil scraper rings.
- Timing chains and especially their hydraulic tensioners are not very high resource.
- Many problems are delivered to the owner by regular failures in the ignition system.
- Another weakness of this power unit include its short-lived supports.