A 1.4-liter Suzuki 10JBAX or 1.6 DDiS diesel engine was produced from 2007 to 2009 and installed on the European version of the first generation SX4 crossover before its restyling. This power unit is essentially one of the varieties of the Peugeot DV6ATED4 engine.
This series also includes diesel: 10FD53.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||90|
|Torque output, Nm||215|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||88.3|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.85|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Suzuki SX4 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~280 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Suzuki SX4 1 (GY) in 2007 – 2009.
Disadvantages of the 10JBAX engine
- The main problems for the owner are caused by regular oil and antifreeze leaks.
- Also here, phases often go astray due to chain stretching between the camshafts.
- The grease coarse filter clogs quickly, which reduces the life of the turbine.
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt or prepare for a major overhaul after it breaks.
- The weak points of the engine include fire-resistant washers under the nozzles and the EGR valve.