The 1.4-liter Suzuki 10FD53 or 1.4 DDiS diesel engine was produced from 2004 to 2006 and was installed on the European version of the first generation Liana model after restyling. Such a power unit is inherently one of the varieties of the Peugeot DV4TED4 engine.
This series also includes diesel: 10JBAX.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||90|
|Torque output, Nm||200|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||73.7|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Suzuki Liana 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~270 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Suzuki Liana 1 (ER) in 2004 – 2006.
Disadvantages of the 10FD53 engine
- The main problems for the owner are the vagaries of the Delphi fuel equipment;
- Due to the stretching of the camshaft chain, the injection phases often go astray in the engine;
- The IHI variable geometry turbine has a not very large resource here;
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt or if it breaks, the valves will simply bend;
- The weak points of the engine also include the crankshaft damper pulley and the crankcase ventilation membrane.