1.0-liter 3-cylinder Hyundai G3LB or 1.0 TCI engine was produced from 2012 to 2020 and was installed in compact models such as the Ray or the Morning, the Korean version of the Picanto. The unit is distinguished by a combination of distributed injection with turbocharging, which is rare for this series.
The engine was installed on:
- Kia Picanto 2 (TA) in 2015 – 2017; Picanto 3 (JA) in 2017 – 2020;
- Kia Ray 1 (TAM) in 2012 – 2017.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||106|
|Torque output, Nm||137|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||71|
|Piston stroke, mm||84|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Kia Ray 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~230 000|
|Weight, kg||74.2 (without attachments)|
Disadvantages of the Kia G3LB engine
- This is a rare turbo unit for the Korean market and there is little information about its breakdowns;
- On specialized forums, they mainly complain about noisy work and strong vibrations;
- Keep the radiators clean, seals tan from overheating and leaks appear;
- By runs of 100 – 150 thousand km, the timing chain often stretches and requires replacement;
- The weak points of the motors of this line are the engine mounts and the adsorber valve.