The company assembled the 3.0-liter Hyundai-Kia G6DL or 3.0 GDi engine from 2016 to 2021 and installed it only on the Cadenza front-wheel drive sedan, as well as the similar Grandeur. This power unit was essentially a slightly updated version of the engine under the G6DG index.
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Grandeur 6 (IG) in 2016 – 2019;
- Kia Cadenza 2 (YG) in 2018 – 2021.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||265 – 270|
|Torque output, Nm||308 – 317|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||92|
|Piston stroke, mm||75.2|
|Phase regulator||Dual CVVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Kia Cadenza 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
|Weight, kg||210 (with attachments)|
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G6DL engine
- Like all GDi injection engines, it suffers from carbon deposits on the intake valves;
- The aluminum block is very afraid of overheating and it is better to monitor the cooling system;
- The resource of timing chains is still unknown, because on its predecessor it was not very high;
- There are no hydraulic lifters here and the valve clearance will have to be adjusted periodically.