The 2.2-liter Hyundai D4HF or Genesis 2.2 CRDi engine has been produced by the company since 2020 and is currently only installed on two Genesis models: the GV70 crossover and the G80 executive sedan. This diesel unit is a modification of the D4HE engine for rear-wheel drive cars.
The engine was installed on:
- Genesis GV70 1 (JK1) since 2020;
- Genesis G80 2 (RG3) since 2020.
|Production years||since 2020|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||210|
|Torque output, Nm||441|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||99.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Genesis GV70 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~330 000|
Disadvantages of the Hyundai D4HF engine
- This diesel appeared recently and there are no statistics of its breakdowns.
- Instead of capricious piezo injectors, simpler electromagnetic ones are installed here.
- Timing chains have given way to a belt and, according to the regulations, check and inspect every 120,000 km.
- It is not known how the new aluminum block will perform during long-term operation.
- Quite typical problems with the particulate filter or the EGR valve are also expected.