The 2.0-liter Hyundai D4HD or Smartstream D 2.0 TCi engine has been produced since 2020 and is installed on the popular Tucson crossovers in the NX4 body, as well as the Sportage in the NQ5 body. This is a new generation of concern diesel units with an aluminum block and a timing belt.
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Tucson 4 (NX4) since 2020;
- Kia Sportage 5 (NQ5) since 2020.
|Production years||since 2020|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||186|
|Torque output, Nm||417|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.3|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai Tucson 2022)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Hyundai D4HD engine
- This diesel engine has appeared recently and all the malfunctions described below are still rare;
- On specialized forums, oil consumption from the first km of run is most often discussed;
- Owners also often complain about the rapid drop in coolant levels;
- A sophisticated SCR type exhaust cleaning system with AdBlue injection is also used;
- Otherwise, the resource of the new aluminum block and timing belt drive is interesting.