The Hyundai G4KM SmartStream 2.5 MPI 2.5-liter gasoline engine has been assembled since 2019 and is installed on the eighth generation Sonata and the fourth generation Kia Sorento crossover. The unit belongs to the new Theta III family and is equipped with multiport fuel injection.
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Sonata 8 (DN8) since 2019;
- Kia Sorento 4 (MQ4) since 2020.
|Production years||since 2019|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||180|
|Torque output, Nm||232|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||88.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||101.5|
|Phase regulator||at inlet and outlet|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai Sonata 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G4KM engine
- This engine has just appeared and the statistics of its malfunctions have not yet been collected;
- So far, on specialized forums, the most active complain about oil consumption from the first km;
- The catalyst is located close to the block, its crumbs can get into the combustion chamber;
- Let’s look at the resource of an adjustable oil pump, as well as an electronic thermostat;
- This motor is equipped with hydraulic lifters, which are picky about the quality of the oil.