The 1.5-liter Geely JLY-4G15 or JL4G15D engine has been produced in China since 2009 and is installed on Emgrand 7 or Emgrand EC7 sedans, which are quite popular in some markets. This power unit is based on the very famous Toyota ZZ-series gasoline engines.
Toyota engine clones: JLC-4G15, JLY-4G15, JLC-4G18, JLY-4G18, JLD-4G20, JLD-4G24.
|Production years||since 2009|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||98 – 106|
|Torque output, Nm||126 – 140|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||77.8|
|Piston stroke, mm||78.8|
|Compression ratio||9.8 – 10.3|
|Phase regulator||VVT at the intake|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Geely Emgrand EC7 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Geely Emgrand EC7 1 (FE-1) in 2009 – 2016;
- Geely Emgrand 7 2 (FE-3) since 2014.
Disadvantages of the Geely JLY-4G15 engine
- This is a very reliable engine, but it is often let down by the quality of components;
- It worries about trifles: sensor failures and air leaks due to cracks in the intake;
- The timing chain does not differ in durability, sometimes it is changed at a run of 100,000 km;
- After 200,000 km, lubricant consumption occurs due to the occurrence of oil scraper rings;
- Owners also complain about weak engine mounts and the lack of hydraulic lifters.