The 1.5-liter Geely JLC-4G15 or 1.5 DVVT engine has been produced by the concern only since 2016 and is installed only on the second generation of the Emgrand 7 sedan or similar models. There is an updated version of this motor with 114 hp under its own index JLC-4G15B.
|Production years||since 2016|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||103 – 106|
|Torque output, Nm||138 – 140|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||77.8|
|Piston stroke, mm||78.8|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Geely Emgrand 7 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~280 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Geely Emgrand 7 2 (FE-3) in 2016 – 2020; Emgrand 7 4 (SS11) since 2021.
Disadvantages of the Geely JLC-4G15 engine
- On specialized forums, the unit is praised and no weak points have yet been found;
- The timing chain runs for a long time and if it stretches, then on a run of more than 150,000 kilometers;
- Also, on long runs, lubricant consumption is sometimes encountered due to the occurrence of rings;
- There are no hydraulic lifters in the cylinder head and every 100,000 km the valves need to be adjusted.