The 1.8-liter Geely JLC-4G18 or 1.8 DVVT engine has been produced in China only since 2016 and so far is installed only on the second generation of the Emgrand X7 crossover, as well as the GS hatchback. This power unit is a modification of the JLY-4G18 motor already with two phase regulators.
|Production years||since 2016|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||131 – 133|
|Torque output, Nm||170|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79.3|
|Piston stroke, mm||91.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Geely GS 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Geely GS 1 (FE-7) since 2016;
- Geely Emgrand X7 2 (NL-4) since 2016.
Disadvantages of the Geely JLC-4G18 engine
- On specialized forums, the motor is mostly praised and no weaknesses have yet been found;
- The timing chain here serves quite a long time and stretches on runs of more than 150,000 km;
- After 200,000 km, oil scraper rings often lie down and an oil burn appears;
- There are no hydraulic lifters and valve clearances need to be adjusted every 100,000 km.