The 2.0-liter 4-cylinder Geely JLH-4G20TDB engine has been produced in China since 2019 and is installed only in the Tugella crossover, which is sold locally as Xingyue. This power unit was essentially a clone of the B4204T23 turbo engine known from the Volvo XC60.
The JLH family also includes: JLH-3G15TD.
|Production years||since 2019|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||238|
|Torque output, Nm||350|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82|
|Piston stroke, mm||93.2|
|Phase regulator||on two shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Geely Tugella 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Geely Monjaro 1 (KX11) since 2021;
- Geely Tugella 1 (FY11) since 2019.
Disadvantages of the Geely JLH-4G20TDB engine
- Due to the presence of a direct injection system, intake valves are overgrown with soot here;
- The engine does not tolerate bad fuel, the candles immediately deteriorate, and then the catalyst;
- Periodically check the condition of the timing belt, as when it breaks, the valves bend;
- The remaining complaints are usually related to strange noises under the hood.