The 2.2-liter Ford QJBB, QJBA or 2.2 TDCi Duratorq engine was produced from 2004 to 2007 and was installed only on expensive modifications of the third generation of the Mondeo model. The motor is known for frequent problems with the Delphi common rail fuel system.
The Duratorq-TDCi line also includes internal combustion engines: FMBA and JXFA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk3 in 2004 – 2007.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||155|
|Torque output, Nm||360|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||94.6|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the QJBB/QJBA engine
- Most engine problems are somehow related to the Delphi fuel system;
- From impurities in diesel fuel, the pump shaft wears out and its chips clog the nozzles;
- The double-row timing chain only looks menacing, but it itself stretches to 150,000 km;
- The upper heads of the connecting rods are broken for 200,000 km and a characteristic knock appears;
- On specialized forums they often write about failures of the vacuum pump and generator.