The 1.4-liter 8-valve Fiat 350A1000 engine has been produced by the concern since 2005 and during this time has been under the hood of many models such as Albea, Punto, Linea and Fiorino. This unit was also installed on Lancia Musa, Ypsilon of the first generation and Alfa Romeo MiTo.
FIRE-engines: 187A1000, 169A4000, 176A8000, 188A4000, 188A5000, 199A6000, 350A1000, 198A1000, 198A4000, 955A6000, 955A2000.
|Production years||since 2005|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||77|
|Torque output, Nm||115|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||72|
|Piston stroke, mm||84|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||2.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Fiat Albea 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Alfa Romeo MiTo I (Type 955) in 2011 – 2018;
- Fiat Albea I (172) in 2005 – 2012;
- Fiat Doblo I (223) in 2005 – 2016;
- Fiat Fiorino III (225) since 2008;
- Fiat Idea I (350) in 2005 – 2012;
- Fiat Linea I (323) in 2007 – 2018;
- Fiat Panda II (169) in 2010 – 2012;
- Fiat Grande Punto I (199) in 2005 – 2012;
- Fiat Punto IV (199) in 2012 – 2018;
- Lancia Musa I (350) in 2005 – 2012;
- Lancia Ypsilon I (843) in 2006 – 2011.
Disadvantages of the Fiat 350A1000 engine
- The main problem is the oil burner due to the rapid wear of rings and caps;
- In the units of the first years, the crankshaft pulley key was cut off and then it slipped;
- Due to contamination of the throttle or fuel pump grid, engine speed often floats;
- The engine mounts, starter and thermostat are also distinguished by a low resource;
- Every 50 thousand kilometers, do not forget to adjust the thermal clearances of the valves.