The Volvo D7F290 engine is a 7.2 liter, in-line, 6-cylinder, turbocharged, intercooled diesel engine. Engine power – 290 HP, torque – 1070 Nm. The engine meets the requirements of the US for the level of toxicity of exhaust gases of the Euro-5 standard.
The engine has a single cylinder head and a centrally located camshaft, which, by means of pushers, controls the operation of 4 valves in each cylinder. The engine is controlled electronically. Fuel injection is carried out using the “Common Rail” system. Combined with a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system, the engine complies with the Euro 5 emission standard.
|Engine’s type||diesel turbo|
|Cylinder bore||108 mm|
|Piston stroke||130 mm|
|Number of cylinders||6|
|Power output||290 hp at 2300 rpm|
|Torque output||1070 Nm / 1200-1800 rpm|
|Dry weight||~672 kg|
- Exceptional elasticity. The Volvo D7F290 engine has a particularly wide torque range, which means it can operate easily in an economical rpm range with minimal gear changes. The engine has excellent torque at low revs for quick accelerator response and smoother driving.
- Efficient combustion. Low emission levels and low fuel consumption are achieved by the EMS electronic engine management system, which ensures precise fuel injection and efficient combustion.
- Low noise level. The fuel injection interval has a variable duration. This has a positive effect on engine noise levels and emissions. A small amount of fuel is injected before the injection of the main portion.
- Exhaust toxicity control. Optimal combustion technology is complemented by SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) technology for additional treatment of the exhaust gases. In this process, AdBlue is injected into the SCR catalytic converter before the exhaust gases enter the SCR catalytic converter. AdBlue reacts with nitric oxide to significantly reduce their emissions.
- Long intervals between maintenance work. The cylinder block and cylinder head are made of cast iron, which creates a strong yet lightweight base. Cylinder liners are replaceable, oil-immersed type. The flat, honed surface inside the liners improves bore lubrication, which in turn reduces piston ring wear and extends engine life.
- > Controlled cleaning and regeneration process. The D7F 290 engine is equipped with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). It captures microscopic soot particles in the exhaust gases and then burns them out during the regeneration process, leaving only fine ash. This process is automatic, but if manual regeneration is required, for example in an ecologically clean area, you will receive an early warning.