The 2.0-liter turbocharged Volkswagen CZPA 2.0 TSI engine has been assembled only since 2016 and is installed on the most popular Tiguan or Skoda Kodiaq crossovers. This power unit operates on the Miller cycle and belongs to the economical motors of the b series.
The EA888 gen3b series includes: CZPA, CZPB, DKZA, CVKB, CYRB, CYRC.
|Production years||since 2016|
|Fuel system||FSI + MPI|
|Power output, hp||180|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.8|
|Features||AVS on the intake|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Tiguan 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Skoda Kodiaq 1 (NS) since 2016;
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2 (AD) since 2016.
Disadvantages of the VW CZPA engine
- There are already a number of complaints about oil consumption on the specialized forums;
- The timing chain resource has grown, but it still stretches closer to 150,000 km;
- Due to the high operating temperature of the unit, the water pump housing is deformed;
- A lot of problems are caused by an oil pump with a two-stage control system.