The 3.5-liter Toyota V35A-FTS engine was shown in 2017 along with the new Lexus LS500. This power unit is equipped with twin turbocharging and develops over 400 hp and 600 Nm. Soon these motors will replace all V-shaped 8-cylinder engines under the hood of many models of the concern.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Land Cruiser 300 (J300) since 2021;
- Toyota Sequoia 3 (XK80) since 2022;
- Toyota Tundra 3 (XK70) since 2021;
- Lexus LS500 5 (XF50) since 2017;
- Lexus LX600 4 (J310) since 2021.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||direct injection D-4ST|
|Power output, hp||350 – 420|
|Torque output, Nm||550 – 650|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||100|
|Phase regulator||VVT-iE + VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Lexus LS500 2018)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the V35A-FTS engine
- At the moment, the statistics of malfunctions of this motor has not yet been collected.
- Typically, direct injection engines are demanding on fuel quality.