The 1.6-liter Subaru FB16B gasoline engine has been produced at the Japanese plant since 2011 and is installed on such popular company models as the Impreza and the crossover XV based on it. This power unit is the smallest and least powerful in its family of motors.
The Subaru FB16F or FB16DIT has been produced since 2014 and is currently only installed on the Levorg sports station wagon, which is popular on the local market. This unit is a typical representative of the third generation of concern turbo engines.
The FB family also includes internal combustion engines: FB20 and FB25.
The FB16B was installed on:
- Subaru Impreza 4 (GJ) in 2011 – 2016;
- Subaru Impreza 5 (GK) since 2016;
- Subaru XV 1 (GP) in 2011 – 2017;
- Subaru XV 2 (GT) since 2017.
The FB16F or FB16DIT was installed on:
- Subaru Levorg 1 (VM) in 2014-2020.
|Start of production||2011|
|Power output, hp||114 (FB16B)
|Torque output, Nm||150 (FB16B)
|Cylinder block||aluminum H4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||78.8|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Compression ratio||10.5 – 11 (FB16B)
DOHC, intercooler (FB16F)
|Phase regulator||Dual AVCS|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20 (FB16B)
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Subaru Impreza 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
|Weight, kg||125 (FB16B)
Disadvantages of the FB16B engine
- Unlike a similar 2.0 liter engine, this one is not at all prone to oil consumption;
- Use only recommended oil or the phase regulators will fail;
- Monitor the condition of the cooling system, this engine is afraid of overheating;
- With floating idle, look towards the throttle;
- Even a small drop in the level of lubrication can cause the liners to rotate.
Disadvantages of the FB16DIT engine
- Like most direct injection engines, this one is sensitive to fuel quality;
- From bad gasoline, injectors, lambda probes, and a catalyst often fail;
- Use only the recommended oil and change it every 5 – 7 thousand km;
- Cheap lubricant quickly affects the state of the AVCS phase control system.