The Mitsubishi 6G72TT 3.0-liter twin turbo V6 engine was assembled by the company from 1990 to 2000 and installed on the popular 3000GT or GTO coupe and completely similar to the Dodge Stealth. There were 7 modifications of the unit with different versions of TD04 and boost pressure from 0.5 to 0.8 bar.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi 3000GT 1 (Z16) in 1990 – 1993;
- Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 (Z15) in 1993 – 2000;
- Dodge Stealth 1 (Z16A) in 1990 – 1996.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||280 – 325|
|Torque output, Nm||407 – 427|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||91.1|
|Piston stroke, mm||76|
|Turbocharging||two MHI TD04|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi 3000GT 1992)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
Disadvantages of the 6G72TT engine
- This is a very reliable turbine unit and, with proper care, it does not cause trouble;
- There are a lot of complaints only about the oil burner, and if you miss the oil level, it will turn the liners;
- Another rare oil change greatly reduces the life of turbines and hydraulic lifters;
- The main cause of floating speed is the contamination of the throttle and injectors;
- Keep an eye on the amount of coolant, leaks here happen regularly.