Mercedes has developed a new 4-cylinder OM924LA engine for trucks and semitrailer tractors with lifting capacities ranging from 6.5 tonnes to 15 tonnes. These motors offer an excellent combination of performance and low weight.
If we compare the Mercedes OM 924 LA with a 6-cylinder engine with the same parameters, its weight is about 100 kg lighter. This gives a significant advantage in terms of payload. Later, the developers created several modifications of the Mercedes OM924LA engine. These were six-cylinder engines with higher power and efficiency.
|Also called||OM 924 LA|
|Power output, kW (hp)||160 (218)|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||810|
|Compression ratio (compression)||17.4:1|
|Cylinder bore||106 mm|
|Piston stroke||136 mm|
|Turbine||turbo / charge air cooler|
|Euro standards||Euro 3|
|Timing mechanism||spur gear|
Mercedes OM924LA is perfect for vehicles that have to work on difficult road sections with a lot of slopes and steep climbs. Due to their excellent technical characteristics, they can easily cope with any tasks even at sub-zero temperatures.
- OM 924.910 160 kW (218 HP);
- OM 924.911 with 160 kW (218 HP);
- OM 924.912 160 kW (218 HP);
- OM 924.914 160 kW (218 HP);
- OM 924.915 160 kW (218 HP);
- OM 924.916 with 160 kW (218 HP), for models MB U 5000, Atego 1022, Atego 1322, Atego 1522, Atego 822, Atego 922;
- OM 924.917 with 142 kW (190 HP);
- OM 924.919 with 160 kW (218 HP);
- OM 924.920 with 160 kW (218 HP), manufactured from 10/2004;
- OM 924.922 160 kW (218 HP);
- OM 924.923 with 160 kW (218 HP);
- OM 924.924 with 160 kW (218 HP).