The 1.5-liter Hyundai G4LG or Smartstream G 1.5 DPi engine has been produced since 2020 at a plant in Zilina, Slovakia, and so far is installed only on the third generation of the i30 hatchback. This engine is distinguished by combined fuel injection, that is, it has two rows of nozzles.
Kappa R4 family: G4LA, G4LF, G4LC, G4LD, G4LG, G4LH, G4LE.
|Production years||since 2020|
|Fuel system||combined injection|
|Power output, hp||110|
|Torque output, Nm||144|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||72|
|Piston stroke, mm||92|
|Phase regulator||Dual СVVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai i30 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai i30 3 (PD) since 2020.
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G4LG engine
- On specialized forums, owners usually praise the motor and note only electrical glitches.
- Also there you can find a number of complaints about failures of the Start-Stop system.
- In the engines of this series, the timing chain runs a little, sometimes it stretches to 100,000 km.
- All Kappa motors are also afraid of overheating, so keep an eye on the cooling system.