The 1.3-liter Honda L13B gasoline engine has been produced at the Japanese plant since 2011 and so far is only installed on the third generation of the popular Jazz model (Fit in some markets). This power unit belongs to the latest family of Honda Earth Dreams Engines.
The engine was installed on:
- Honda Fit 3 (GP) in 2013 – 2020;
- Honda Fit 4 (GR) since 2020;
- Honda Jazz 3 (GK) since 2015.
|Production years||since 2011|
|Power output, hp||100 – 102|
|Torque output, Nm||120 – 125|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||73|
|Piston stroke, mm||78.7|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Honda Jazz 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the Honda L13B engine
- The engine has been produced not so long ago and has not yet managed to show its bad side;
- However, judging by other motors in this line, this one should be very reliable;
- The dense engine compartment layout slightly complicates the maintenance of the power unit;
- A number of owners on specialized forums complain about the rapid failure of ignition coils;
- There are no hydraulic lifters and every 50 thousand km it is necessary to adjust the valve clearances.