The 3.5-liter gasoline V6 Honda C35A engine was produced by the concern from 1995 to 2004 and was installed on the third generation of the Legend model or its counterpart under the name Acura RL. There were five modifications of this motor, which did not differ much from each other.
The engine was installed on:
- Acura RL 1 (KA) in 1995 – 2004;
- Honda Legend 3 (KA9) in 1995 – 2004.
|Power output, hp||208 – 225|
|Torque output, Nm||295 – 315|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||90|
|Piston stroke, mm||91|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Honda Legend 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the Honda C35A engine
- This engine is famous for its high reliability, but high fuel consumption;
- The main problems for owners are oil leaks from under the valve covers;
- If the grease gets into the candle wells, then the ignition coils will go under the replacement;
- Lambda probes and a balancer belt have a relatively low resource;
- On runs over 200,000 km, a progressive oil burn most often begins.