The 2.0-liter Great Wall GW4D20B diesel engine has been produced in China since 2011 and is installed in the popular Hover H6 SUV or similar Haval H6. In fact, such a unit is a modification of the GW4D20 motor for a transverse arrangement.
|Production years||since 2011|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||140|
|Torque output, Nm||305|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83.1|
|Piston stroke, mm||92|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Great Wall Hover H6 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
|Weight, kg||210 (with attachments)|
The engine was installed on:
- Great Wall Hover H6 in 2011 – 2020;
- Haval H6 I in 2013 – 2020.
Disadvantages of the Great Wall GW4D20B engine
- The main problem of this diesel engine is the frequent breakdown of the gasket due to overheating;
- CR Delphi fuel injectors wear out quickly from any impurities in diesel fuel;
- On specialized forums you can find a large number of complaints about lubricant consumption;
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, it serves little, and when it breaks, it bends the valves;
- The weaknesses of the motor include a short-lived water pump and turbocharger.