The 2.0-liter Great Wall 4G63S4M gasoline engine has been produced in China since 2004 and is installed on many models of the concern, but this unit is better known for the Hover H3 SUV. Based on the Mitsubishi 4G63 engine, engines for Brilliance, Chery, Landwind and Zotye cars were created.
|Production years||since 2004|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||116 – 122|
|Torque output, Nm||175|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Recommended engine oil||10W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Great Wall Hover H3 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Great Wall Hover H3 in 2009 – 2016.
Disadvantages of the Great Wall 4G63S4M engine
- This is a very reliable unit in design, but it is often let down by build quality;
- The weak point of the engine is the cylinder head gasket, sometimes it breaks through every 60,000 km;
- It is also important to monitor the condition of the timing belt, when it breaks, the valves always bend;
- The use of low-octane gasoline often leads to detonation and destruction of pistons;
- And do not forget about adjusting the valve clearance, since there are no hydraulic lifters here.