The 1.5-liter General Motors LSD turbo engine has been produced at a plant in Mexico since 2022 and is installed on restyled versions of the GMC Terrain 2 and Chevrolet Equinox 3 crossovers. This engine differs from its predecessor in the series with an upgraded fuel system.
Small Gasoline Engine family: LV7, LE2, L3A, LFV, LSD, LYX.
|Production years||since 2022|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||175|
|Torque output, Nm||275|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||74|
|Piston stroke, mm||86.6|
|Phase regulator||Dual VVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.0 (4.0 liters for the front-wheel drive version)|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for GMC Terrain 2023)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Chevrolet Equinox 3 (D2XX) since 2022;
- GMC Terrain 2 (D2XX) since 2022.
Disadvantages of the GM LSD engine
- On specialized forums, they mostly praise him and complain only about rare glitches in electrical.
- Due to direct injection, the unit is prone to the formation of deposits on the intake valves.
- The engines of this series suffer from detonation, and then the injection pressure was raised.
- Also, some fancy catalyst appeared here, let’s look at its resource.