The D13B400 is a 13 liter, 6 cylinder EGR diesel engine with overhead camshaft, 4 valves per cylinder and unit injectors. Engine power 400 HP It meets the requirements of the EU Euro-4 standards for the level of toxicity of exhaust gases without preliminary cleaning.
The D13B400 engine has the following features:
- Maximum torque with wide speed range.
- Electronic engine management (EMS system).
- Low emission of exhaust gases, Euro 4 standard without pre-treatment.
- High engine braking power with Volvo Engine Brake (VEB) (optional).
- A rear-mounted power take-off with high power output (optional)
- Closed crankcase ventilation (optional).
(PDF, 2.1 mb)
|Power output, kW at rpm||294 at 1450|
|Power output, hp at rpm||400 at 1450|
|Number of cylinders||6|
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||1050 at 1400|
|Cylinder bore, mm||131|
|Piston stroke, mm||158|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Turbine||turbo / charge air cooler|
|Euro standards||Euro 4/Euro 5|
|Timing mechanism||spur gear|
The D13B400 is designed for construction trucks. This engine has a robust and reliable design with an overhead camshaft, 4 valves per cylinder and electronic fuel injection. The design provides good driving characteristics, high reliability and great fuel economy. The timing mechanism is located at the rear of the engine, which reduces vibration and allows a power take-off to be mounted on the rear of the engine. The D13B400 is an engine with both low exhaust emissions and low noise levels. The EGR system meets the Euro 4 emission requirements.