Diesel engines DAF 1160 are 6-cylinder in-line engines with water cooling and a working area of 11.6 liters. The fuel system uses an in-line injection pump (TNVD), which has excellent performance.
DAF 1160 was released from 1974 to 1999. The base engine Leyland 0.680 was used in the development, a license for which was acquired by DAF. The manufacturer increased the engine size and power, which was in the first DKA 1160 models from 165 hp. up to 230 hp depending on the configuration.
A few years later, the more powerful DKS 1160 engine was developed, equipped with a turbocharging system. This system made it possible to increase the power of the unit without increasing the engine size. The most popular was the version with a power output of 228 hp. (310 kW).
A year later, the production of horizontal motors, intended for floor use in transport vehicles and buses, began. Their power was 186 hp. (252 kW).
|Also called||DKX 1160|
|Configuration||4 Stroke Water Cooled Diesel Engine|
|Number of cylinders||6|
|Piston stroke, mm||146|
|Cylinder bore, mm||130|
|Power output, hp||330|
|Fuel system||inline injection pump|
|Timing drive type||OHV|
|Camshaft drive||toothed gear|
These engines have shown their best side and can still be found in some vehicles today.
- DAF DKV1160 with a power of 212kW (280HP). Produced 5/1983 – 9/1991. For DAF F2800, F2805, F3300, F3305, F3325, F3603, F3605, F3625.
- DAF DKVL1160 206kW (280HP). Produced 1/1973 – 12/1989. For DAF MB200, MB205, MB230.
- DAF DKX1160 with a power of 243kW (330HP). Produced 6/1981 – 9/1991. For DAF F3300, F3305, F3325, N3300.
- DAF DKX1160ATI 260 kW (354 HP). Produced 6/1985 – 9/1991. For DAF F3300, F3305, F3325, N3300.
- DAF DKXE1160 with a power of 212kW (280HP). Produced 1/1984. For DAF F3305, F3325, F3603, F3605, F3625.
- DAF DKXE1160ATI 206-212KW (280-288HP). Produced 6/1985 – 9/1991. For DAF F2605, F2800.