The 1.8-liter Audi CABA 1.8 TFSI engine was produced at the concern’s factories from 2008 to 2009 and was installed only on the most basic modifications of the A4 B8 with a manual transmission. This motor was only offered for one year until it was replaced by the EA888 gen2 CDHA unit.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||120|
|Torque output, Nm||230|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||84.2|
|Phase regulator||on the intake shaft|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi A4 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~260 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi A4 B8 (8K) in 2008 – 2009.
Disadvantages of the Audi CABA engine
- This motor has a very short-lived timing chain, sometimes it lasts less than 100 thousand km;
- There were also many cases of chain jumping after parking in gear;
- Inlet valves and swirl flaps in the manifold quickly coke here;
- Increased coking is the main cause of engine instability;
- Other weaknesses in the engine include ignition coils, water pump and catalyst.