The 1.8-liter Audi CABB 1.8 TFSI turbo engine was produced by the concern from 2007 to 2008 and was installed only on the basic modifications of the popular A4 model in the B8 body. Such a motor was produced for only a year and was replaced by a second-generation unit with the CDHB index.
The EA888 gen1 series includes: BYT, BZB, CABA, CABB, CABD, CAWA, CAWB, CBFA, CCTA, CCTB.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||160|
|Torque output, Nm||250|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||84.2|
|Phase regulator||on the intake shaft|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi A4 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi A4 B8 (8K) in 2007 – 2008.
Disadvantages of the Audi CABB engine
- The most famous motor problem is the timing chain, its resource is less than 100,000 km.
- Also, the chain may jump after parking in gear due to a weak tensioner.
- In second place here is increased carbon formation and floating revolutions.
- The crankcase ventilation system clogs up pretty quickly, which is fraught with oil burns.
- There are also many complaints about the ignition coils, pump and intake manifold flaps.