The 1.8-liter Audi 1.8 ADR gasoline engine was produced by the concern from 1994 to 2000 and was installed on the most popular models of the company A4, A6 or the fifth generation Passat. This power unit, in fact, did not differ much from its half-brother under the ARG index.
The EA827 1.8l series includes: RP, AAM, ABS, ADZ, PF, ADR, ARG, AEB, ANB.
|Power output, hp||125|
|Torque output, Nm||168|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||86.4|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi A4 1996)
|Engine lifespan, km||~330 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi A4 B5 (8D) in 1994 – 1998;
- Audi A6 C4 (4A) in 1995 – 1997;
- Volkswagen Passat B5 (3B) in 1996 – 2000.
Disadvantages of the Audi ADR engine
- The most problems are caused by the chain tensioner, which is also the phase regulator.
- Also monitor the condition of the timing belt, because when it breaks, the valves always bend.
- The crankcase ventilation is often clogged, and the oil separator gasket tans in frost.
- The cause of engine thrust failures is usually a dirty throttle or intake flaps.
- The viscous coupling of the fan, the pump and the flow meter have a low resource here.
1 thought on “Engine Audi ADR”
common problems on the gear box and oil type.