The 2.3-liter gasoline turbo engine Honda K23A or K23A1 was assembled from 2006 to 2012 and was exclusively installed only on the first generation Acura RDX luxury crossover. This power unit is famous for its reliability and excellent dynamic performance.
The engine was installed on:
- Acura RDX 1 (TB) in 2006 – 2012.
|Power output, hp||240|
|Torque output, Nm||350|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||99|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Acura RDX 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Honda K23A engine
- This turbo engine is very reliable and has virtually no congenital problems.
- If you neglect the oil change schedule, the turbine will quickly fail.
- On a run of more than 100,000 km, the timing chain often stretches and starts to rattle.
- The engine mounts and the front crankshaft oil seal have a low resource.
- There are no hydraulic lifters and valve clearances need to be adjusted every 90,000 km.