The Volvo D12A420 engine is a 12-liter in-line 6-cylinder turbo diesel common-rail engine. Fits on FH12 and FM12. Diesel engines D12A420 are a further continuation of the successful and well-proven 4-valve technology in terms of specific pressure and injection power parameters. This model uses an electronic control system for the engine operation, which allows you to optimize the actions of the fuel system.
The Volvo D12A units are turbocharged to increase power. The redesigned heat exchanger, combined with a completely new injection system as well as the EMC-2 engine management system, has increased the performance and control of the engines to a level suitable for the most demanding operating conditions. Volvo D12A420 engines operate with six cylinders arranged in a single row to facilitate repair and service work.
|Power output, kW at rpm||309 at 1700|
|Power output, hp at rpm||420 at 1700|
|Number of cylinders||6|
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||1100 at 1300|
|Compression ratio (compression)||17.5:1|
|Cylinder bore, mm||131|
|Piston stroke, mm||150|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Turbine||turbo / charge air cooler|
|Euro standards||Euro 2|
|Timing mechanism||spur gear|
Such motors have a number of advantages and characteristic features:
- the cylinder block and cylinder head are made of ductile iron;
- cylinder liners are easy to replace;
- 4-valve overhead camshaft technology;
- integrated oil cooler in the cylinder block;
- double filtration of engine oil using Spin-on technology;
- electronic injector unit;
- the air filter is equipped with replaceable inserts.