The 2.0-liter Toyota 3S-FC carbureted engine was produced in Japan from 1986 to 1992 and was installed in the second generation V20 Camry and the Australian Holden Apollo clone. This power unit is rare.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Camry 2 (V20) in 1986 – 1992;
- Holden Apollo JK in 1989 – 1992.
|Power output, hp||111|
|Torque output, Nm||166|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 0|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Camry 1990)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Toyota 3S-FC engine
- The main problems of the engine are associated with the difficulties of properly setting up the carburetor;
- Otherwise, this is a fairly reliable unit and most of its breakdowns are due to old age;
- More often than others, the components of the ignition system are concerned here;
- The timing belt is designed for about 100,000 km, but when it breaks, the valves usually bend;
- There are no hydraulic lifters, every 100 thousand km you need to adjust the valve clearances.