The 1.0-liter Toyota 1KR-VE engine has been produced since 2016 in Japan and is only installed on compact models for Southeast Asia. The aluminum three-cylinder unit with a timing chain drive is equipped with a variable valve timing system VVT-i at the intake.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Agya 1 (B100) since 2017;
- Daihatsu Ayla since 2017;
- Daihatsu Sigra since 2016;
- Perodua Axia since 2017;
- Perodua Bezza since 2016.
|Production years||since 2016|
|Fuel system||injector MPI|
|Power output, hp||67|
|Torque output, Nm||91|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||71|
|Piston stroke, mm||84|
|Phase regulator||VVT-i intake|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Agya 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
Disadvantages of the 1KR-VE engine
- In Asian forums, the motor is scolded for loud work and strong vibrations;
- The pump is often given up at 50,000 km, and the timing chain is extended to 100,000 km.