The Toyota 1HZ engine was developed in the early 90s for Land Cruiser SUVs. This is a 4.2 liter diesel engine with 12 valves single camshaft.
Although these motors have been installed on large SUVs, their strength is not their outstanding performance. With such a large volume of 4.2 liters, the engine produces only 129-131 hp. However, 1HZ engines have great mileage potential, they are considered by many to be “millionaires”, they are able to use almost any diesel fuel, endure extreme temperatures, and practically do not suffer from minor breakdowns and have a reliable CPG subject to overhaul and boring.
(PDF, 33 mb)
|Manufacturer||Toyota Motor Corporation|
|Power output, hp||131/3800|
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||285/2200|
|Cylinder block alloy||cast iron|
|Number of cylinders||6|
|Number of valves||12|
|Piston stroke, mm||100|
|Cylinder bore, mm||94|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Land Cruiser 100)
|Oil consumption, gr/1000 km||up to 1000|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30
|Engine oil capacity, liter||9.5|
|Oil change interval, km||7000-10000|
|Engine lifespan, km
— official information
- it is necessary to adjust the thermal clearances of the valves every 50,000 km;
- the timing belt has to be changed about once every 100 thousand kilometers;
- the injection pump system suffers on almost all engines by 500 thousand mileage;
- special installation of ignition tags is required;
- Poor fuel quality slowly destroys the piston group and valves.
Otherwise, the reliability of this diesel engine is exemplary.