The 4.2-liter Porsche MCU.DB diesel engine was produced by the company from 2012 to 2014 and was installed on the Cayenne in the back of the 958, until it was replaced by a new version with the MCU.DC index. This motor belongs to the EA898 diesel series and has much in common with the CKDA power unit.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||382|
|Torque output, Nm||850|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V8|
|Block head||aluminum 32v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Turbocharging||GTB1749VK + GTB1749VZ|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||9.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Porsche Cayenne 2 (92A) in 2012 – 2014.
Disadvantages of the Porsche MCU.DB engine
- It’s a reliable diesel, but the piezo injector CR system doesn’t tolerate bad fuel;
- The weak point of the motor is considered to be a modest resource of turbines, sometimes less than 100,000 km;
- Also on specialized forums they complain about regular leaks of lubricants and antifreeze;
- By a run of 250,000 km, timing chains often stretch, and their replacement is very expensive;
- A lot of trouble here is associated with contamination of the intake, particulate filter and EGR valve.