The 4.5-liter Mitsubishi 8A80 or 4.5 GDi gasoline engine was produced from 1999 to 2001 and was installed on the first generation of the Proudia model and the Dignity limousine created on its basis. The famous Korean V8 engines G8AA and G8AB were only clones of this power unit.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi Dignity 1 (S43) in 1999 – 2001;
- Mitsubishi Proudia 1 (S32) in 1999 – 2001.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||280|
|Torque output, Nm||412|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V8|
|Block head||aluminum 32v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||96.8|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi Proudia 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 8A80 engine
- The engine requires only quality 98 gasoline or the fuel system will fail;
- The intake valves here quickly overgrow with soot and cease to close tightly;
- After 100,000 km, catalysts fall apart, and the exhaust clogs with crumbs;
- Carefully monitor the condition of the timing belt, as its breakage is fatal for the unit;
- But the main problem of the engine is in short supply and the very high cost of spare parts.