The Mitsubishi 6A13TT 2.5-liter V6 turbo engine was assembled in Japan from 1996 to 2003 and was installed only on the Galant VR-4 sports model and its local Legnum modification. This motor is very often used for a budget swap.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi Galant EA in 1996 – 2003;
- Mitsubishi Legnum EA in 1996 – 2002.
|Power output, hp||260 – 280|
|Torque output, Nm||343 – 363|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||80.8|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~230 000|
Disadvantages of the 6A13TT engine
- The tight layout of the engine compartment greatly complicates engine maintenance;
- More often than others, hydraulic lifters and the idle speed controller fail here;
- Timing belt replacement schedule every 90,000 km, but it happens that it bursts earlier;
- Turbines last a long time if the pressure relief valve stem is regularly lubricated;
- A drop in the oil level in the system immediately leads to accelerated wear of the liners.