The Mitsubishi 6A11 1.8-liter V6 gasoline engine was assembled in Japan from 1992 to 2000 and installed on the sixth generation of the popular Lancer model and the seventh generation Galant. This power unit is very rare and in fact is a real exclusive.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi Galant E50 in 1992 – 1998;
- Mitsubishi Lancer CK in 1995 – 2000.
|Power output, hp||135|
|Torque output, Nm||167|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||69|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi Galant 1995 года)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 6A11 engine
- The tight layout of the engine compartment seriously complicates engine maintenance;
- According to the regulations, the timing belt is changed every 90,000 km, but often it breaks earlier;
- Also, the expensive idle speed regulator very often fails here;
- If you do not change antifreeze for a long time, then the heat exchanger will rust, burst and begin to leak;
- It is very important to monitor the oil level, otherwise you are guaranteed to turn the liners.