The 2.5-liter Mitsubishi 6A13 V6 engine was assembled by the Japanese concern from 1996 to 2005 and was installed only on local Legnum models or European Galant modifications. This power unit is widely used.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi Galant EA in 1996 – 2003;
- Mitsubishi Diamante F30 in 2002 – 2005.
|Power output, hp||160 – 175|
|Torque output, Nm||220 – 230|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||80.8|
|Compression ratio||9.0 – 10.0|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi Galant 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 6A13 engine
- The very tight layout of the engine compartment makes it somewhat difficult to maintain;
- Most often, hydraulic lifters and the idle speed controller fail here;
- Previously set 90,000 km, the timing belt may break and the valves will bend 100%;
- Poor quality or old antifreeze corrodes the heat exchanger and leaks begin;
- Keep an eye on the oil level, when the lubrication pressure drops, the liners do not last long.