The 2.4-liter Mitsubishi 4G53 or G53B gasoline engine was produced from 1975 to 1998 and was installed only on the Japanese army SUV with the laconic name Jeep. This power unit is known only among fans of hard off-road rides.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi Jeep in 1975- 1998.
|Power output, hp||110|
|Torque output, Nm||200|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||88|
|Piston stroke, mm||98|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 0|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi Jeep 1982)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 4G53 engine
- The simple and reliable design of the power unit is designed for high mileage;
- However, you need to understand that with spare parts for such an engine, everything is difficult;
- Most of the problems with this motor are somehow related to carburetor failures;
- Timing chain components may require attention after approximately 250,000 km;
- There are no hydraulic lifters and periodically here you need to adjust the valve clearances.