The D0834 engine has 180 horsepower, which equates to 132 kW and 700 Nm of torque. The working volume of this power unit is 4.6 liters (4580 cm3). The maximum torque is 830 Nm at a speed of 1400 rpm.
D0834 series 4-stroke in-line engine with water cooling system is available in the following versions:
- turbocharged exhaust gas and air-to-air aftercooled;
- Turbocharged exhaust gas with integrated waste gate and air-to-air aftercooler.
The earlier version complied with Euro-3 standards (the modern modification of this motor meets the requirements of Euro-5 environmental safety standards). Its design uses the Common Rail direct fuel injection system and the EGR exhaust gas recirculation system to neutralize nitrogen oxides.
The MAN D 0834 engines use high pressure radial piston distribution pumps with EDC MS 6.4 control system.
|Configuration||4-stroke inline diesel, direct injection|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Piston stroke, mm||125|
|Cylinder bore, mm||108|
|Power output, hp||220|
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||579|
|Euro standards||Euro 3|
The principle of internal exhaust gas recirculation makes it possible to fully comply with the requirements of the EURO 3. The engines operate on the principle of multi-jet direct injection into the combustion chamber, which easily moves to the middle of the piston. The motors are designed to provide a relatively large usable speed range. This leads to an improvement in the engine’s ability to deliver high torque over a wide speed range (high “elasticity”).
These engines have the following changes compared to the previous 4/6-cylinder D08 series engines:
- Changes in the crankcase;
- Changes to the crankshaft;
- Changes to the camshaft;
- Swirl inlet, combustion chamber shape;
- Trapezoidal connecting rod;
- Changes to the steering box;
- Camshaft drive with straight high teeth;
- Changes to the cylinder head gasket;
- Changes in the ventilation system;
- Internal recirculation system;
- Changes in distribution phases;
- Lower exhaust gas temperature.
Explanation of marking D0834
|D||Fuel type – diesel|
|08||+100 = Cylinder diameter, mm = 108 mm|
|3||3×10 + 100 corresponds approximately to a piston stroke in mm = 125 mm|
|4||Number of working cylinders|