The Hyundai G6AV 2.5-liter V6 gasoline engine was produced by the company from 1995 to 2005 and was installed on the Grandeur and Dynasty, as well as Marcia, a version of the Sonata for the local market. This power unit is essentially a clone of the 24-valve version of the Mitsubishi 6G73 engine.
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Dynasty 1 (LX) in 1996 – 2005;
- Hyundai Grandeur 2 (LX) in 1995 – 1998;
- Hyundai Sonata 3 (Y3) in 1995 – 1998.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||160 – 170|
|Torque output, Nm||205 – 225|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||76|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai Grandeur 1997)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G6AV engine
- The engines of the first years had problems with the quality of the assembly and its components.
- A typical story is the cranking of the liners and the wedge of the motor at a mileage of 100,000 km.
- Power units after 2000 are more reliable, but are very rare.
- Most of the complaints on the specialized forums are related to the oil burner and the contamination of the injectors.
- The weak points of the engine also include the ignition system and hydraulic lifters.