The 1.8-liter Geely JLE-4G18TDB or 1.8 TGDi engine has been produced by the concern since 2017 and is installed on the Atlas crossover, popular in some markets, and the large Emgrand GT sedan. This turbo engine is considered an in-house developed unit and is very similar to the VW EA888 engine.
The first generation of this motor has an index: JLE-4G18TD.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||184|
|Torque output, Nm||285 – 300|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||84.2|
|Phase regulator||Dual VVTi|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Geely Atlas 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Geely Atlas 1 (NL-3) since 2018;
- Geely Borui 1 (GC9) since 2017.
Disadvantages of the Geely JLE-4G18TDB engine
- On specialized forums, they often complain only about strange sounds in operation and strong vibrations;
- The turbine is reliable, but there are already cases of replacement of the bypass valve under warranty;
- Candles, lambda probes and a catalyst here quickly fail from bad fuel;
- In cars with this turbo engine, the fuel pump was changed during the recall campaign.