The 2.2-liter 16-valve Daewoo T22SED engine was assembled from 1997 to 2002 for the US market and was installed only on the American modification of the rather popular Leganza model. This power unit is inherently a variation of the well-known Opel X22XE engine.
SE-series: T18SED, X20SED, T22SED.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||136|
|Torque output, Nm||202|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||94.6|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Daewoo Leganza 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~340 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Daewoo Leganza in 1997 – 2002.
Disadvantages of the Daewoo T22SED engine
- The main disadvantage is the small resource of the timing belt, and when it breaks, the valves bend;
- The second most common engine failure is a frequently bursting exhaust manifold;
- An electrician regularly throws up problems, more often than others the camshaft position sensor or the crankshaft position sensor fails;
- The reason for floating engine speeds is usually contamination of the idle control, crankcase ventilation or EGR valve;
- The use of low-quality oil quickly affects the condition of hydraulic lifters.